As an approved National Training Provider, the Progress project will enable UK Youth to support voluntary and community sector youth organisations to access the Edexcel BTEC Level 2 Peer Education and Peer Mentoring Award and Certificate for their learners at a fraction of the real costs. Organisations will also be able to access specific units (see list below) for their learners at this reduced rate.
To download the information pack about the Peer Qualification Programme, please go to http://www.ukyouth.org/whatwedo/Programmes/Peer
In order to access this exciting opportunity you will need to
- Be a registered charity or community interest group
- Be working with young people aged 16 plus who are reaching other young people (through their peer education or peer mentoring programmes) whose age range includes those 13-19 (or 25 if they have a learning disability)
- Have completed (or be working towards) a PTLLS qualification or equivalent qualification (UK Youth or your regional Progress Hub can provide details on how to access a PTLLS programme if required).
- Be experienced at supporting young people through a learning programme
- Have attended UK Youth training (for which there will be a reasonable charge). For training dates, please go to http://www.ukyouth.org/whatwedo/Training+Calendar/peertraining.htm
- Have registered to run the peer qualifications through UK Youth (for which we will charge an annual fee of £100 + VAT)
- Register your learners on the bespoke NCVYS 'Ticket to Progress' website before the end of March 2011 at the latest, and have a clear timetable in place for training delivery
- Commit to completing the mandatory project paper work requirements and attending regional support and feedback meetings
In return UK Youth will offer you:
- Regional networking opportunities
- Free learner registrations to a Peer Education or Peer Mentoring Award or a Certificate, or free registration for specific units (costs for these vary from between £16 to £66 per learner)
- Free internal verification (performed by a UK Youth staff member) to be booked in before March 2011
- Free assessor guidelines
- Providing training and support materials as appropriate as and when developed
- Collecting evidence of good and innovative practice developed through the project, to feed into national reporting
The Peer Qualification Units eligible for support are below:
For more information on the qualification structure and units, please go to the The Register of Regulated Qualifications and search for the qualification. Please go to http://register.ofqual.gov.uk/
UK Youth would be pleased to hear from any organisation, however large or small, who is interested in participating in this project and which meets the criteria. Please go to http://www.ukyouth.org/whatwedo/Programmes/Peer/progress and download the Progress Project Information. If you have any problems downloading the form, please email me at email@example.com
Please complete and return the Centre Delivery Agreement to me at UK Youth.
Please share this email with your colleagues and partners
If you have any queries about this funding, please do not hesitate to contact me.